Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sunny Summer Sundays

Sunday was one of those fabulous summer days! Although this blog is not meant to be journalistic, I can't help but write about it! And this shall also be in response to Genevieve's blog entry...

It began with a lazy Sunday morning and a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with banana (this is a quintesential part to beginning most good days! :P). At about 12:30 I left the house with the intent to walk to downtown in about an hour -surprisingly it only took me thirty minutes!

I had brought Maxwell (my camera) along with me, so we were able to spend the better part of the early afternoon taking photos! I was inspired by the lovely buildings and homes to make a follow-up blog posting to the one on interesting homes. The difference is that these photos will be my own. The following are some of the buildings that always catch my eye and the houses that stood out from the others around them. Of course, none of these are quite as unique as the ones seen two posts before, but they do have characters of their own.



During my photo spree I came across a box of fabric by the side of the road (don't read "garbage"). It appears that in a former life some of these pieces of fabric were samples... for couch fabric perhaps? It is quite durable stuff! I have been planning on making a new bag- so this fell perfectly into my plan! Free stuff!

Not too long after that I met Juliana in Victoria park to play frisbee! It was beautiful! So many people were at the park- a lovely Sunday afternoon... :) We also went for ice cream at Marble Slab and people-watched -you know, like bird watching!

We walked around downtown for a bit and then ran into John, Juliana's boyfriend's brother. We ended up going to John and Spencer's (Juliana's boyfriend) house for dinner. After dinner we had some interesting conversations about identity, nationality, and our experiences with ghosts. And then I went home! It was such a lovely day!

1 comment: