Sunday, May 3, 2009

Falling Back in Love

This is the summer I will get back in to reading for sheer pleasure! :) It's been a long time since I would just pick up a book and consume it all in one day or be so enthralled that I had the greatest difficulty putting it down. I intend to make me fall back in love with books!

Whenever I finish a book, I will write a review of sorts as a blog posting. I'll also talk about how I came to that book. My aim is to read a book a week, but at the start I'm not to worried about filling that quota since my first priority is to learn a full menu at my new job (which I am incredibly excited for!).
I have a few books on my list thus far:
  • Metamorphosis by Kafka
  • In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote 
  • In the Beauty of Lilies by John Updike 
  • Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
  • The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan
I will take suggestions for books too! Oh, also I want to read something by Jane Austen. What should I read by Austen? Pride and Prejudice? Sense and Sensibility?

I've started with Wild Boy by Jill Dawson. I won't say anything more about it now; you'll hear about it once I'm finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment