Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Falling in Love with London


As well as falling in love with reading books again, I also plan on falling in love with London. One of the ways that I plan to fall in love with this city is to explore it. There are many, many bike trails and paths by the river throughout the city and I think that they are the key to discovering the beauty that this city holds! :) And so, to aid in my discovery of these paths I intend to employ at least two friends; my camera and a bike!

I have been antsy to ride since the weather became nice! Unfortunately, on the first nice day, I discovered that my bike was not in the shed. It was one of the most anxious feelings I have ever experienced! I consoled myself by pretending that I imagined bringing the bike to London- that it was all "in my head". I attempted to trick myself. As well, I told myself that if I really did bring the bike to London then the person who took it must have needed it more than me. Within a few days the feeling was gone.

There is a plus side to this! It gave me an excuse to seek out the bike I have always wanted: A cruiser! I've always wanted a cruiser bicycle for two reasons; because they are classic and because they are better for my posture (a more upright position while seated). I mentioned to Gen that I was looking for a cruiser which informed her of the name of the bike that she had always wanted! With the name in hand/mind, she searched craiglist and kijiji for a cruiser bicycle and purchased one within hours! I was so-so jealous! But I kept patiently checking the online classifieds for mine.

So here we are two days later and I now have my bike! I toured all over London today! I have yet to name my bicycle, but I think I shall go with Norco (the company name) for now. I will probably to paint him, because black is just too gloomy! But here he is!


So with my trusty "steed" and camera companion I shall explore all the beauties and secrets that are held by London! I will fall in love with this city and come to value all that it offers while enjoying sunny days in between chaotic, busy shifts at the pub!

4 comments:

  1. love the bike! i've been looking for one since last summer, no luck so far... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariane, have you tried kijiji and craigslist for other cities? Montreal and Ottawa aren't that far to go pick up a bike! :) Are you looking for something very specific?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I was only looking at kijiji for Cornwall, but recently Ive been looking at the sites for Montreal and Ottawa. Im just looking for a cruiser that doesnt look too modern. Hopefully I'll find one before the summer's over :)

    ReplyDelete